Thursday, July 2, 2009

Emmaus, Al, Andi and Stories from the Streets

Al Tauber was my boss. He was the guy that made it possible for me to do my internship at Emmaus Ministries. He is the director of educational services. However, I had spent two years trying to get in contact with this other guy, Andy Tauber. Imagine my surprise when Andy turned out to be Andi, his wife!

Together Andi and Al did “Stories from the Streets." This was a musical and prose compilation of the stories of the guys of Emmaus. It was powerful. The Taubers toured the Midwest presenting Stories from the Streets" to colleges, churches and social organizations.



Al did Stories full-time until there was a need for him to step into the directorship of educational services. He now works at balancing these two very different jobs.

Al was the person that connected me with Kiao, the Ministry Center and outreach. He gave me my first interview. He checked in with me regularly. Al and Andi are a dynamic, loving team. My only regret at Emmaus was that I did not get to spend enough time with the two of them. Also, in the future, I want to visit their church. In the meantime, I will just be grateful for the time I did get to spend with Al and Andi.


Al Tauber, Director of Educational Services

No comments: