Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring, New Beginnings and the SFO

It is obvious I have not touched my blog in a long time. I have been busy. Besides teaching I was taking a graduate course in Liturgy. To say I was overwhelmed is to turn understatement into an art form! So today I had my final exam and handed in my paper and I feel lighter!

Now I can focus on some of the more important things in my life. Tomorrow I participate in our Baccalaureate Mass at the Cathedral and then the Commencement. I am very excited about the Commencement. Our speaker will be Sister Helen Prejean, author of Dead Man Walking. I look forward to hearing her and meeting her.

Saturday night I attend a vigil at our chapel. The vigil is for Elaine Cooper and myself, we take our Final Profession this Sunday and become full members of the Secular Franciscan Order. It is the culmination of three years of formation and yet we are both aware that it is truly a beginning and not an ending.

Sunday we have the Mass and Profession. Afterwards there will be a small reception. I am very happy about this. I am especially happy to finally be focusing on the SFO and our Professions once again. The class I was taking demanded all my attention and this really should be front and center.

Finally, next week I join Emmaus Ministry and the Kaio Community for a brief time as I begin my Graduate Project for my M.A. in Theology. It is a busy time, a happening time and I will have a lot to blog about.

So…I’m back


Secular Franciscan Order...come and see..

No comments: